New PPP loan forgiveness application is available
The latest guidance says small businesses can seek forgiveness for PPP loans.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) and Treasury Department have released a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application.
在线精品国产在线视频The application allows borrowers to apply for forgiveness of their PPP loans, consistent with the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).
在线精品国产在线视频The SBA will also soon issue regulations and guidance to further assist borrowers as they complete their applications, and to provide lenders with guidance on their responsibilities.
The application and guidance .
According to the National Lumber and Building Material Dealers Association (NLBMDA), the application and instructions will help small businesses seek forgiveness at the conclusion of the eight-week covered period, which begins with the disbursement of their loans.
The form and instructions include several measures to reduce compliance burdens and simplify the process for borrowers including:
- Options for borrowers to calculate payroll costs using an “alternative payroll covered period” that aligns with borrowers’ regular payroll cycles;
- Flexibility to include eligible payroll and non-payroll expenses paid or incurred during the eight-week period after receiving their PPP loan;
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform the calculations required by the CARES Act to confirm eligibility for loan forgiveness;
- Borrower-friendly implementation of statutory exemptions from loan forgiveness reduction based on rehiring by June 30; and
- Addition of a new exemption from the loan forgiveness reduction for borrowers who have made a good-faith, written offer to rehire workers that was declined.
No comments found